|Organized by Vivid Arise eSports|
|VGC 2023 Regulation D|
Take part in our exciting tournament series and become a Pokemon Master!
The tournament is organised by ViA eSport Organisation.
Table of Contents:
- General Rules
- Regulation D
- Swiss rounds + Top Cut
- Best of 3
- Open Team Sheet
- Free Entry!
1. General Rules
• Fair Play – Players how have been found playing dishonestly or cheating in any way will be disqualified and banned from future tournaments. Stream sniping will count as playing dishonestly!
• All players must join the ViA eSports Discord Server for announcements regarding the tournament or communication with the Tournament Organizers!
• Respectful behaviour – Hatred or rudeness in any way will not be tolerated and will lead to penalties or even disqualification/ban. Listening to and cooperating with the Tournament Organizers is a must.
• Arrive on time for your matches and remember to check in after finding your pairing! Limitless will automatically count a round loss for every player not checked in 10 minutes after the round has started! If you know you will be late, let the Tournament Organizers know!
• Any issues (Opponent missing; Team sheet discrepancies; disrespectful opponent) during your round? CALL A JUDGE via Limitless and Discord!
• Rental Teams are allowed!
2. Regulation D
Pokemon Home has arrived! The tournament ruleset is Regulation D, which allows newly obtainable Pokémon. The exact list of playable and banned Pokémon can be checked here: https://www.serebii.net/scarletviolet/rankedbattle/season8.shtml
3. Swiss Rounds + Top Cut
The first tournament phase will run through Swiss rounds. The start of each round will be announced via Discord and the pairings will be listed over Limitless. The number of Swiss rounds will vary depending on entries. The best x players will commence to our Top Cut, again dependant on how many players have entered. Top Cut matches will start shortly after the Swiss rounds have finished.
4. Best of 3
All rounds, Swiss and Top Cut, will be played as Best of 3! The first player to win 2 out 3 battles will win the round.
5. Open Team Sheet
Every player is required to submit a complete and correct team sheet prior to the tournament. The sheet must be submitted via Limitless. Required information:
• Pokémon (+Form)
• Held Item
• Tera Type
Once the tournament has started, changes to your team sheet will be forbidden.
- My opponent has a discrepancy in his team sheet. What do I do?
Call a Judge and take a screenshot or save a recording, if possible! After verification, the affected player will receive a loss for the current battle. The offending player then has the possibility to change their Pokémon to match their team sheet. If not, the affected Pokémon may no longer be used in upcoming battles. The continued use of the non-matching Pokémon will result in Round-losses or disqualification.
6. Free Entry!
No need for Entries! We want our tournament to be for practice and fun!