This live tournament begins on Sunday, September 26 @ 10:00pm EDT.
- Register and Submit a Decklist by the published start time.
- Complete Check-in (opens 15 minutes prior to the tournament start time)
You must complete the steps above prior to the start of the event. Players who registered but did not submit a decklist or complete the check-in process will be automatically dropped.
This tournament is played in the Theme format. Your submitted decklist must be an exact match of a valid Theme Deck.
We are winding the clocks back! Valid theme decks are those associated with sets from the following TCG series/eras:
- HeartGold & SoulSilver
- Black & White
Decks from the Sun & Moon and/or Sword & Shield series are NOT permitted.
For the purposes of this tournament and the rules above, the phrase "Theme Deck" always refers and is limited to the pre-constructed decks that can currently be obtained for 500 coins from the PTCGO in-game shop (under the Decks tab).
Phase 1: Swiss BO1 (30 minutes)
- Single game against each opponent
- 30-Minute Round Timer
- Check-In: you must check in within the first 5 minutes of every round or you will automatically receive the game loss.
- Any match without results reported by end of round will be scored a double loss.
- If all players finish the round ahead of schedule, we'll start the next round early.
Following the end of Phase 1, the Top 8 players according to the Standings will advance to Phase 2.
Phase 2: Top Cut BO1 (40 minutes)
- Single-Elimination fixed bracket, seeded based on standings from the Swiss portion.
- Single game against each opponent; 40-Minute Round Timer
- If a match runs over time, the player who is currently ahead (in prize cards taken) will be declared the winner. (If tied, players will play until the next prize card is taken.)
Deck Sharing ON: The Deck List Sharing feature must always be turned ON in the game settings.
Match Timers ON: When you challenge your opponent you must always enable the Timed Match option.
Wrong Deck Selected: If a player chooses the wrong deck by accident, they must declare so immediately before any actions are taken. If Deck Sharing is on, the opposing player should be able to verify that the deck was in fact incorrect and the game should be replayed. If any conditions above are not met, the result is a game loss.
Illegal Decklist: If a player is discovered to have submitted a deck that does not comply with the rules, they will be dropped from the event without exception. It is the player’s responsibility to submit a legal decklist in advance; no changes of any kind are allowed once the event has started.
Disconnections/Leaving a Game: In the event of a disconnect, the timer will continue to run while the player attempts to reconnect. If the game ends the match due to inactivity or a player leaves the game for any other reason, it is considered a game loss.
Incomplete Matches: At the end of a scheduled round, any incomplete matches will be automatically scored a double loss.
Need Help?: Please notify the organizer immediately if you have any concerns. Use the Request a Judge button here on Limitless or get in touch with @rabidragon on our league's Discord.
Prizes are Evolving Skies PTCGO packs as outlined below. The winner also receives mixed Standard packs as a bonus.
1st: 5 Evolving Skies Packs + 15 Standard Packs
2nd: 5 Evolving Skies Packs
3-4: 3 Evolving Skies Packs
5-8: 2 Evolving Skies Packs