|Organized by thatguyinabeanie|
|VGC 2023 Series 1|
Our goal is to provide players with a fun and competitive atmosphere to practice VGC!
- Free Entry!
- Best of 3 - Open Team Sheet Format
- UPDATED TO 7 SWISS ROUNDS
- Top 8 Cut Same Day after Swiss
- Official Series 1 Ruleset
- All games will be played on a Physical or Digital copy of Pokemon Scarlet & Violet - No Showdown
Rules - Read all the rules before registering
- Play Honestly
- Intentionally dishonest players will be disqualified from the tournament and will be banned from all future events
- Stream Sniping qualifies as intentional dishonest
- Players must join the Discord server to play and receive tournament updates
- You may be penalized if we unable to reach you about your car's extended warranty
- Every player must submit a team sheet prior to the start of round 1
- Pokemon (form), Ability, Held Item, Moves, and Tera types for all 6 Pokemon is REQUIRED
- Discrepancies are subject to potential penalties. See below for details
- Treat everyone with respect
- Zero Tolerance for rudeness, hatred, racism, and all levels of bigotry
- Player will be instantly disqualificatied and banned from all future
- Listen and cooperate with Tournament Organizers and Judges.
- Refusal to respectfully cooperate may result in a Game Loss or a Disqualification from the event.
- Arrive on Time for your match!
- Players will have 10 minutes to check in for their match
- After 10 minutes, Limitless will automatically give un-checked-in players a loss for the round
- If you know you will be late to a match, please let the Tournament Organizer know so they can adjust accordingly
- For any issues click CALL A JUDGE in your match. Issues include (not limited to)
- Opponent not showing up
- Disconnections or Team Sheet Discrepancies (see below)
- Rude opponent
- Rental Teams are allowed
- Please make sure you submit your team sheet correctly since it will be near impossible for you to make corrections
Players must join The Hat Rack Discord Server - here we will be communicating tournament announcements. There may be penalties if a Judge tries to reach out to a player and we are unable to reach them.
If a Disconnection occurs, you are required to provide an error code. Failure to provide an error code may result in a game loss.
To provide an error code, do the following...
- TAKE A PICTURE OF THE ERROR CODE WITH AN YOUR PHONE. The error code will be a combination of letters and/or numbers.
- In your limitless match, click on CALL A JUDGE.
Team Sheets Discrepancies
It is the PLAYER'S RESPONSIBILITY to provide a full and accurate team sheet. Once the tournament has started, you will not be able to make any changes to your team sheet. Double check that your team sheet submission is correct
If YOU have a team sheet discrepancy before the beginning of a round
- CALL A JUDGE
- Fix the discrepancy by updating the Pokemon to match what is on your team sheet
In all future rounds of the tournament, you must notify your opponent of your team sheet discrepancy through the limitless chat of your team discrepancy (unless you fixed it). Simply deciding to not bring the discrepancy is not sufficient. Failure to do so qualifies as dishonesty and is grounds for disqualification from the tournament
If a discrepancy is found WHILE a game is being played
- CALL A JUDGE
- If possible take a screenshot or save the recording
- Upon verification of a team sheet error, the offending player will receive a game loss for the current game.
- The offending player has the option to either fix the discrepancy by updating their Pokemon to match their team sheet OR they can choose to no longer be able to bring that Pokemon to any further games in the round.
- In future rounds, if the offending player is not able to update their team to match the team sheet, the offending player must disclose the error to their opponent and take a game 1 loss.
- Continued use of Pokemon with a team sheet discrepancy without disclosing to their opponents will result in a disqualification. Expect a judge to spot check.