|Organized by Zach Lesage Events|
FREE ENTRY - 200 PTCGO Codes in Prizing
This Sword and Shield - Astral Radiance Standard event is brought to you by Zach Lesage, PTCGO Store, and Poke X Word. Compete with some of the best players in a welcoming environment for FREE and compete to earn free prizing. Top players will earn the opportunity to compete in the Late Night Series Season 5 Invitational! In between rounds feel free to check out Poke X Word and try your best to complete Pokémon TCG crossword puzzles! There are new puzzles every Sunday!
- Late Night Season 5 are typically held EVERY Tuesday at 6:00PM Eastern
- Swiss Round BO1 matches are 25 minutes long with 3 mins of Check In per round
- Top Cut BO3 matches are 50 minutes long with 5 mins of Check In per round
- If you miss Check In under any circumstance, you will be awarded a Full Match Loss for your round.
- List submission closes approximately at 6:00PM Eastern
- This event has multiple Phases - Swiss Rounds BO1 and Top Cut BO3
- When time is called during Swiss Rounds BO1 the game will be a Tie, unless otherwise stated by Staff
- When time is called during Top Cut BO3 the winner will be decided by the amount of remaining Prize Cards + Games Won to determine the winner, unless otherwise stated by Staff
- If time is called it is a Tie!! If you believe your opponent is "Playing Slowly", please call a Judge as early as possible. The only acceptable forms of proof are: a video recording, a link to your Stream, streaming your game in the Zach Lesage Discord Server, your opponent admitting to "Playing Slowly."
- If you Check In to your event and don't immediately play (for any circumstance), you will receive a Match Loss 2 mins after Check In time has ended. If you are in a Best of Three game and are inactive for 3 mins (for any reason) in between games it will be a Game Loss. Please stay in contact via the Limitless Match Chat.
- If you select a wrong deck , you must provide a screenshot with the following to staff: your hand and Active Pokémon flipped over. Call a Judge on Limitless , type in chat that you selected your wrong deck, and wait. If you have made any other actions in game - it will be an automatic Game Loss . If the right conditions are met, Staff will tell you to restart the game. If there are less than 20 mins left in the round for Swiss it will be an automatic Game Loss . If you choose the wrong deck in Best of Three it will be an automatic Game Loss .
- If you experience any of the following, but not limited to: Game Freezing, Internet Issues, Server Issues, Game Lag, Software Glitch, Device Crashing - it will be awarded as a Game Loss to the player experiencing the issue if the game is unusable that is. Otherwise attempt to finish the game if possible.
- If you call a judge to dispute a result, for example you Won, but it shows up as a Tie, please send screenshot proof or a link to your livestream to ZachLesage#3773 on Discord. If you don't have reasonable proof within a reasonable amount of time, the staff won't be able to determine the proper measures to take.
- It is strongly recommended to have screenshot proof of any win or tie upon the conclusion of a game. If you leave a game without explicitly stating "time is over, this is a tie" or something similar, it could be perceived as a concession.
- Players are allowed to stream their event run on any streaming service and it is recommended to have a delay on your stream to avoid "stream sniping" or any other disadvantages. Any advantages gained by streaming, such as receiving assistance from your audience, can lead to penalties after staff investigates the situation.
- Continuously accusing your opponent of anything can lead to penalties - PLEASE be kind to all your opponents.
- All rulings made by Staff are final and will be made with the players, Staff, and event in mind.
- It is the players responsibility to Check In prior to each match - failure to do so will result in an automatic Game Loss
- Issues and problems during your match will be handled by Tournament Staff - please use the Match Dispute button
- All participants are recommended to be in our Discord Server for updates on pairings, event announcements, etc.
- Zach Lesage Events follow the Official Pokémon Rules
- The list of Known Issues and Compendium Rulings will be used to determine in-game rulings.
- Any player who is found breaking rules, using in game exploits, bullying, harassing players, etc. will receive penalties
- Any player who are problematic outside of this event (before, during, and after) may not be eligible to play in this event or future events
- If you aren't familiar with the Play Limitless website or need additional information, please read the Help Page
PTCGO Store has generously provided 200 PTCGO Codes into the prize pool! If you wanna donate to the prize pool of this event, please contact ZachLesage#3773 on Discord or ZachLesagePTCG on Twitter.
This event follows the official Pokémon TCG Tournament Structure for larger sized events as found here Pokémon Tournament Rules Handbook under Section 126.96.36.199. The number of rounds for this event will accurately be based on the following amount of players:
- 4-8 players = 3 Swiss Rounds and No Top Cut
- 9-12 players = 4 Swiss Rounds and Top 4 Cut
- 13-20 players = 5 Swiss Rounds and Top 4 Cut
- 21-32 players = 5 Swiss Rounds and Top 8 Cut
- 33-64 players = 6 Swiss Rounds and Top 8 Cut
- 65-128 players = 7 Swiss Rounds and Top 8 Cut
- 129-226 players = 8 Swiss Rounds and Top 8 Cut
- 227-799 players = 14 Swiss Rounds and Top 8 Cut
- 800+ players = 15 Swiss Rounds and Top 8 Cut
The Round Structure of this event is subject to change. Please join the Zach Lesage Discord Server for the most up to date details on the event.
- Current rankings for the season can be found at Late Night Leaderboard
- Top players can earn spots into the Invitational
- The Top 32 Ranked Players overall from Late Night Season 5 will be invited
- The season will run for 10 events (41-50) followed by the invitational
- All players who qualify for the Invitational will be asked to stream their matches
Details are subject to change.